Monday, March 19, 2012

My Big News!

I'm back, blogging world! It almost feels weird to be blogging again, but I feel good about it. I haven't written anything in such a long time! I'll start off with the best news I have gotten in YEARS...

I GOT INTO NURSING SCHOOL!!!!!!!

Most everyone who has known me or read my previous blog knows my struggle with this. This was my 6th attempt, and finally, it was a successful one! This school was my first that had an interview, so I think that helped me out. And maybe the suit I dropped $160 bucks on the day before (ouch!). TOTALLY worth it.  I got to tell them why I wanted to be a nurse, about my volunteer experience and experience with my mom being sick for so many years and show my personality. The rest of the schools I had applied to only looked at 3 things: GPA, SAT (you know, that test you take when you're freaking 16 years old?! Yeah, apparently it still matters when you're 22 and have been in college for 5 years...ahem) and a pre-nursing test called the TEAS. My GPA is above a 3.0, SAT is good and TEAS was good, but nursing school is HIGHLY competitive. But, no more worries because I FINALLY got in!!! I got chills, screamed, squealed, cried, all the good stuff. I actually wasn't expecting the letter when it came, which made it even more surprising! I thought surely an early letter meant an early rejection. You know, weed out the definite no's before sending the acceptances. WRONG!! I am beyond excited about this! I can't wait to start the program in the Fall! I have to take 3 non-nursing classes over the Summer, but I really don't mind!! This all really couldn't have happened at a better time. With my four year relationship/marriage ending, manyyyy failed attempts during it, and right after, the acceptance... It really weirds me out to an extent, but I know that God has a plan for me, and sometimes, I'm just not meant to understand it! It definitely gives me something to look forward to, AND I get to move back home!! I don't really like the city I live in now, never really have, and I'm so excited to be moving back. I had previously applied all OVER the state, and even looked out of state, and to get into the school IN Athens is freaking awesome!!! I still can't believe it all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment